Heidi’s Bargain Boutique. That was the name of the small CABLE HOME SHOPPING SHOW I hosted out of college. Gotta start somewhere, right?!
RADIO is how I learned about voiceover. I was on-air for 8.5 years. One day, my co-worker said, “Do you do VOICE OVERS? Because I could listen to you all day!” Mike Stoudt (the co-worker) taught me about voice overs and then he married me. Now we not only do acting and voiceover full-time but we own Atlanta Voiceover
Studio (VO training and recording studio).
Since that fateful day, I’ve voiced COMMERCIALS, promos, RADIO IMAGING, audiobooks and even sang a JINGLE. I’ve worked with companies like Audible, DoorDash, Redfin, Autonation, GE, Kohler, Coke and Olay. My on-camera work has allowed me to do commercials for Publix, hosting for Home Depot, in a movie called Only starring Leslie Odom Jr and I played an ex-wife to Mr Immortal in She Hulk.
One of the greatest lessons radio taught me? That you don’t need no dating app to find a husband! Just kidding.
It taught me how to make one person feel like you’re talking to them while talking to thousands. With so many distractions…getting someone’s attention is one of the hardest things to do. Making that person feel like they’re hearing from an old friend is even harder. Would love to collaborate with you if you need a voice over or on-camera talent.
- My radio career took me to J103 in Chattanooga, 104.7The Fish and B98.5 in Atlanta
- I ran a blog called PARTIES FOR PENNIES for 6 years featuring budget-friendly party ideas.
- I created and pitched a pilot talk show called THE MODERN POST
- Hosted two podcasts – The Heidi Rew Show and the Encourage Minute and currently host The Atlanta Voiceover Studio Podcast. (link to podcast page)
- I’ve traveled to Russia (in college, to teach a class at the university), Turkey (as a camp counselor), Kenya (twice & where I drank wild camel’s milk), Malta, Tunisia, Italy and France.
- My hobbies constantly change (I love trying new things) but most of these have stayed the same: INTERIOR DESIGN, Cooking & Baking, and RUNNING (have completed a marathon)…oh plus my 5:45am outdoor bootcamp (they’re my people).
Would love to connect with you on social media!